Service Transition is one of ITIL core publications in Service Lifecycle. This course trains participants in the practical aspects of the ITIL® Service Lifecycle and processes associated with the Service Transition. This also focuses on the process that aligns IT to business. Participants will be provided with practical and hands-on learning experiences using a scenario-based approach.
Participant's successfully passing Service Transition phase would lead to obtaining a Service Transition certification issued by the AXELOS Limited, UK, and a step closer to being an ITIL Expert in IT Service Management Certification.
• Intense, Interactive Classroom Training
• APMG UK Accredited courseware
• Program delivered by Faculty who are Approved & Accredited by APMG UK with Highest Proficiency and having vast Industry Experience.
• Assist Candidates with Career Planning, Growth & Development
At the end of this course, participants will learn:
• Incorporating new or changed services in a seamless manner
• Short listing, evaluating and selecting the right partner to deliver services
• Following Change Management Procedures, including CAB and ECAB procedures
• Identifying and recording all the IT assets and establishing relationship between them so that Impact can be assessed accurately.
• Having a unique identification, numbering, and naming conventions for different types of release
• Testing on requirement and corresponding validation happen at each stage to ensure service is delivered as required
• Identifying most appropriate type of Release suitable to the organization
• Importance having a Service Knowledge Management System to help analyse information and take appropriate decisions benefitting the business
• Identifying Key Performance Indicators leading to Critical Success Factors
• Introduction to Service Management
• Service Transition Principles
• Service Transition Processes
• Managing People through Service Transitions
• Organizing for Service Transition
• Technology Considerations
• Implementing & Improving Service Transition
• Challenges, Critical Success Factors and Risks.
• Scenario Based Exercises and thorough review
• Tips to choose the best answer
• Examination Preparation, Mock Examinations & Review
• APMG, UK Certification exam on Service Transition
• 21 Learning Hours Certificate all participants.
• APMG UK Accredited courseware
• ITIL 2 sets of Scenario & Questions Exercises that will prepare the participants for final exam.
• Tips to successfully attempting the ITIL Service Transition Certification Exam
• Certification Examination from APMG International - UK
The target group of the ITIL Intermediate Qualification: CSI certificate includes, but is not restricted to:
• Chief information officers (CIOs)
• Chief technology officers (CTOs)
• Supervisory staff
• Team leaders
• Service designers
• IT architects
• IT planners
• IT consultants
• IT audit managers
• IT security managers
• Individuals who require a detailed understanding of the ITIL service transition stage of the ITIL service lifecycle and of how it may be implemented to enhance the quality of IT service provision within an organization
• IT professionals working within, or about to enter, a service transition environment and requiring a detailed understanding of the processes, functions and activities involved.
About Certification Examination
ITIL Intermediate Certification on Service Transition
About the Exam:
• Exam Format: Multiple choice, scenario-based, gradient scored questions.
• Number of Scenarios: 8
• Number of Question per scenario: 1
• Number of probable answers for each question: 4
• Scoring: Best Ans=5; second Best Ans =3; slightly correct Ans=1; Distractor=0
• Pass Score: 28/40 or 70%
• Exam Delivery: Online or paper based
• Exam Duration: 90 minutes
• Open/Closed Book: Closed Book
• An ITIL Foundation certificate v2 with v2-v3 bridge or higher.
• Candidates must have undertaken at least 21 contact hours for this syllabus as part of a formal, approved training course/scheme. Contact hours are hours of instruction, excluding breaks, with an accredited training organization (ATO) or an accredited e-learning solution.
• A basic IT literacy and around 2 years IT experience are highly desirable
Upon successfully achieving the ITIL Service Design, the participant will earn 3 credits in the ITIL Service Transition qualification scheme.