ITIL ® Intermediate – Release, Control and Validation (RCV)
The ITIL Intermediate Qualification: Release, Control and Validation (RCV) Certificate is part of the ITIL Intermediate Capability stream, and one of the modules that leads to the ITIL® Expert IT Service Management Certificate.
This course immerses participants in the practical aspects of the ITIL Service Lifecycle and processes associated with the Release, Control and Validation of ITIL services and ITIL service delivery. The main focus of this Program is on the Transition Lifecycle phase with its process activities and supporting methods and approaches to executing these processes. To implement new and changed services in a controlled and cost-effective manner, IT departments must successfully implement ITIL® Release, Control and Validation best practices.
• Intense, Interactive Classroom Training
• APMG UK Accredited courseware
• Program delivered by Faculty who are Approved & Accredited by APMG UK with Highest Proficiency and having vast Industry Experience.
• Assist Candidates with Career Planning, Growth & Development
Candidates can expect to gain competencies in the following areas upon successful completion of the education and examination components related to this certification:
• The importance of ITIL RCV while providing service.
• How all processes in ITIL RCV interact with other processes
• What are the processes, activities, methods and functions used in each of the ITIL RCV.
• How to measure ITIL RCV.
• The importance of IT security and its contributions to ITIL RCV.
• The technology and implementation considerations surrounding ITIL RCV.
• Change management as a capability to realize successful service transition
• Service validation and testing to ensure the integrity and the quality of service transition.
• Service asset and configuration management to monitor the state of service transition.
• Knowledge management as part of enhancing management decision support and delivery.
• Request fulfilment and change evaluation to ensure meeting committed service level performance.
• Release, control and validation process roles and responsibilities.
• Technology and implementation considerations.
• Challenges, critical success factors and risks associated with ITIL RCV.
In addition, the training for this qualification should include examination preparation, including an opportunity for a mock examination.
• Introduction to Release, Control and Validation (RCV)
• RCV related Processes
• Scenario Based Exercises and thorough review
• Tips in choosing the best answer
• RCV related Roles & Responsibilities
• RCV related Technology & Implementation Considerations
• Set of mock exams from APMG International, UK
• ITIL Capability RCV Certification Exam
• 30 Learning Hours Certificate for all participants.
• APMG Accredited courseware
• ITIL 2 sets of Scenario & Questions Exercises that will prepare the participants for final exam.
• Tips to successfully attempting the ITIL RCV Certification Exam
• Certification Examination from APMG International – UK
• IT Professionals
• Business Managers
• Business Process Owners
• Individuals who require a deep understanding of the ITIL Certificate in the Release, Control and Validation processes and how it may be used to enhance the quality of IT service support within an organization.
• IT Professionals who are working within an organization that has adopted and adapted ITIL and who need to be informed about, and thereafter contribute to, an ongoing service improvement Program.
• Operational staff involved in Change Management, Release and Deployment Management, Service Validation and Testing, Service Asset and Configuration Management, Request Fulfilment, Change Evaluation and Knowledge Management and who wish to enhance their role-based capabilities.
About Certification Examination
ITIL Intermediate Certification on Planning, Protection & Optimization.
About the Examination:
• Exam Format: Multiple choice, scenario-based, gradient scored questions.
• Number of Scenarios: 8
• Number of Question per scenario: 1
• Number of probable answers for each question: 4
• Scoring: Best Ans=5; second Best Ans =3; slightly correct Ans=1; Distractor=0
• Pass Score: 28/40 or 70%
• Exam Delivery: Online or paper based
• Exam Duration: 90 minutes
• Open/Closed Book: Closed Book
• An ITIL Foundation certificate v2 with v2-v3 Bridge or higher
• Candidates must have undertaken at least 30 contact hours for this syllabus as part of a formal, approved training course/scheme. Contact hours are hours of instruction, excluding breaks, with an accredited training organization (ATO) or an accredited e-learning solution.
• A basic IT literacy and around 2 years IT experience are highly desirable
Upon successfully achieving the ITIL Release Control and Validation certificate, the Participant will earn 4 credits in the ITIL qualification scheme.