ITIL is recognised internationally as the best practice approach to IT Service Management aligning the provision of IT Services with the needs of the business. It is used globally by thousands of organisations throughout the private and public sectors to improve the way in which they implement and manage IT Services.
The ITIL Planning, Protection & Optimization (PPO) course is part of the ITIL Intermediate Capability certification stream. The course prepares candidates to take the ITIL Planning, Protection & Optimization Intermediate exam as well as providing valuable knowledge that can be implemented in the workplace.
• Intense, Interactive Classroom Training
• APMG UK Accredited courseware
• Program delivered by Faculty who are Approved & Accredited by APMG UK with Highest Proficiency and having vast Industry Experience.
• Assist Candidates with Career Planning, Growth & Development
Candidates can expect to gain competencies in the following areas upon successful completion of the education and examination components related to this certification:
• Service design in PPO and lifecycle context
• Processes across the service lifecycle pertaining to the practice elements within planning, protection and optimization
• Capacity management as a capability to realize successful service design
• Availability management as a capability to realize successful service design
• IT service continuity management as a capability to support overall business continuity management
• Information security management as part of the overall corporate governance framework
• Planning, protection and optimization roles and responsibilities
• Technology and implementation considerations
• Organizational roles relevant to PPO
• And specifically in the following key ITIL process and role areas such as Capacity, Availability, IT service continuity, Information security management Demand management.
• Challenges, critical success factors and risks for planning, protection and optimization
In addition, the training for this qualification should include examination preparation, including an opportunity for a mock examination.
• Introduction to Release, Control and Validation (PPO)
• PPO related Processes
• Scenario Based Exercises and thorough review
• Tips in choosing the best answer
• PPO related Roles & Responsibilities
• PPO related Technology & Implementation Considerations
• Set of mock exams from APMG International, UK
• ITIL Capability PPO Certification Exam
• 30 Learning Hours Certificate for all participants.
• APMG UK Accredited courseware
• ITIL 2 sets of Scenario & Questions Exercises that will prepare the participants for final exam.
• Tips to successfully attempting the ITIL PPO Certification Exam
• Certification Examination from APMG International – UK
The target group of the ITIL Intermediate Qualification: Planning, Protection & Optimization Certificate includes, but is not restricted to:
• IT professionals
• Business managers
• Business process owners
• Individuals who require a deep understanding of how the ITIL Certificate in the Planning, Protection and Optimization processes may be used to enhance the quality of IT service support within an organization.
• IT professionals who are working within an organization that has adopted and adapted ITIL, and who need to be informed about, and thereafter contribute to, an ongoing service improvement programme.
• Operational staff involved in capacity management, availability management, ITSCM, information security management, and demand management, and who wish to enhance their role-based capabilities.
About Certification Examination
ITIL Intermediate Certification on Planning, Protection & Optimization.
About the Examination:
• Exam Format: Multiple choice, scenario-based, gradient scored questions.
• Number of Scenarios: 8
• Number of Question per scenario: 1
• Number of probable answers for each question: 4
• Scoring: Best Ans=5; second Best Ans =3; slightly correct Ans=1; Distractor=0
• Pass Score: 28/40 or 70%
• Exam Delivery: Online or paper based
• Exam Duration: 90 minutes
• Open/Closed Book: Closed Book
• An ITIL Foundation certificate v2 with v2-v3 Bridge or higher
• Candidates must have undertaken at least 30 contact hours for this syllabus as part of a formal, approved training course/scheme. Contact hours are hours of instruction, excluding breaks, with an accredited training organization (ATO) or an accredited e-learning solution.
• A basic IT literacy and around 2 years IT experience are highly desirable
Upon successfully achieving the ITIL Planning, Protection & Optimization certificate, the participant will earn 4 credits in the ITIL qualification scheme.