ITIL ® Intermediate – Operational Support and Analysis (OSA)
ITIL is recognized internationally as the best practice approach to IT Service Management aligning the provision of IT Services with the needs of the business. It is used globally by thousands of organizations throughout the private and public sectors to improve the way in which they implement and manage IT Services.
The ITIL Intermediate Qualification in Operational Support and Analysis (OSA) Certificate is a freestanding qualification but is also part of the ITIL Intermediate Capability stream, and one of the modules that leads to the ITIL Expert Certificate in IT Service Management.
• Intense, Interactive Classroom Training
• APMG UK Accredited courseware
• Program delivered by Faculty who are Approved & Accredited by APMG UK with Highest Proficiency and having vast Industry Experience.
• Assist Candidates with Career Planning, Growth & Development
Candidates can expect to gain competence in the following areas upon successful completion of the education and examination components related to this certification:
• Service Management as a Practice.
• Service Operation Principles.
• The Processes pertaining to OSA across the Service Lifecycle.
• How all processes in ITIL OSA interact with other Service Lifecycle processes.
• How to use the ITIL OSA processes, activities and functions to achieve operational excellence.
• How to measure ITIL OSA
• The importance of IT Security and its contributions to ITIL OSA.
• Understanding the technology and implementation considerations surrounding ITIL OSA.
• The challenges, Critical Success Factors and risks associated with ITIL OSA.
• Specific emphasis on the Service Operation Lifecycle processes and roles included in Event Management, Incident Management, Request Fulfilment, Problem & Access Management.
• Organizing for Service Operation which describe functions to be performed within the Service Operation and Support such as Service Desk, Technical Management, IT Operations Management and Application Management.
In addition, the training for this qualification should include examination preparation, including an opportunity for a mock examination.
• Introduction to OSA.
• OSA related Processes
• Scenario Based Exercises and thorough review
• Tips in choosing the best answer!
• OSA related Roles & Responsibilities
• OSA related Technology & Implementation Considerations
• Mock exams
• ITIL Capability OSA Certification Exam
• 30 Learning Hours Certificate all participants.
• APMG Accredited courseware
• ITIL 2 sets of Scenario & Questions Exercises that will prepare the participants for final exam.
• Tips to successfully attempting the ITIL OSA Certification Exam
• Certification Examination from APMG International – UK
The target group of the ITIL Intermediate Qualification: OSA includes, but is not restricted to:
• IT professional
• Business managers
• Business process owners
• Individuals who require a deep understanding of ITIL Certificate in Operational Support and Analysis processes and how it may be used to enhance the quality of IT service support within an organisation.
• IT professionals that are working within an organisation that has adopted and adapted ITIL who need to be informed about and thereafter contribute to an ongoing service improvement programme.
• Operational staff involved in Event Management Process, Incident Management Process, Request Fulfilment Process, Problem Management Process, Access Management Process, Service Desk, Technical Management, IT Operations Management and Application Management
About Certification Examination
ITIL Intermediate Certification on OSA.
About the Examination:
• Multiple choice, scenario-based, gradient scored questions
• Number of Scenarios: 8
• Number of Question per scenario: 1
• Number of probable answers for each question: 4
• Scoring: Best Answer=5; second Best Answer=3; third Best Answer=1; Distracter=0
• Passing Score: 28/40 or 70%
• Exam Delivery: Online or paper based
• Exam Duration: 90 minutes
• Open/Closed Book: Closed Book Exam
• An ITIL Foundation Certificate v2 with v2-v3 Bridge or higher.
• Candidates must have undertaken at least 30 contact hours for this syllabus as part of a formal, approved training course. Contact hours are hours of instruction, excluding breaks, with an Accredited Training Organization (ATO) or an accredited e-learning solution.
• A basic IT literacy and around 2 years IT experience are highly desirable.
Upon successfully achieving the ITIL OSA certification the participant will earn 4 credits towards the ITIL qualification.